I can't believe how much I have neglected my blog in the past few months.
Sorry and thanks for checking in anyways!
I thought it's a good opportunity to go back to the basics and write about simple things what we all can do to fight global warming. Sometimes we all need a good reminder, don't we? :-)
So here we go:
- Reduce, reuse, recycle - and in that order. First of, we don't need as much stuff as we are made believe. Or if you are a consumer, buy used. Garage sale season has just started - Yay!
- Donate stuff you don't need or want anymore, hand it down, sell it - whatever. Just keep it out of the landfill.
- Buy bulk and minimally packed goods whenever you can. Every little bit helps. And yes, recycle.
- Avoid disposables! Reusable containers instead of ziplock bags, cloth napkins instead of paper, reusable water bottle instead of plastic, etc. etc. You get the idea.
- Use cold or warm water for washing your clothes, not hot. It minimizes the used energy by a lot.
- Low-flow installments in showers and fixtures/toilets reduce the amount of water used drastically.
- If you have a dishwasher, run it only when full (with eco-friendly detergent!) and do not use the heat to dry option.
- Turn out the lights when you leave the room. Turn off appliances when not in use. It's that simple.
- If you are in the business of getting new or replacing your old appliances, get the ones that are energy-efficient.
- Get out of your car and on your bike, or feet! That's the best you can do for yourself and the environment. If you have to use a motorized transportation method, carpool and/or use public transportation as much as possible.
- Eat less meat and animal products, it's good for you and the Earth.
- Increase awareness among friends and family and share how you do that :-)